Tuesday, July 19, 2005

This week is flying by

I cannot believe that it is already Tuesday. This week seems to be flying by. My schedule is a little crazy, so I haven't been able to get to the library to blog. I cannot believe that my time here is quickly coming to an end. I leave Friday from camp and then fly out of here on Sunday. It will be good to get home, but I will miss everyone here.

Yesterday, (Monday) was a good day. I had weight training, racquetball, lap swimming and water aerobics. After breakfast we had a behavior modification class with Nancy. She is the director of the camp and very motivating. One thing that I didn't blog about was at the beginning of camp is that I had a panic attack the first week. I had a really hard adjustment time and some things did not go as planned. Nancy was there the day I had my panic attack and really helped me through it. She has seen me go from that to where I am today and is very proud of me. I had let her know that I wanted to meet with her before I left to chat. She is really busy this week, but invited me out to dinner last night and treated. We went out and had a great talk. She is a very spiritual person. I believe she is Catholic. She was on a time schedule last night because she had to get to her prayer group at home that she is part of. She really helped me see some things I need to do when I get home to keep my momentum going. She has truly been an inspiration to me and I am just so glad that she had the vision to run this camp so many years ago.

A couple of weeks ago when she taught the first BMOD class I told you about I complimented her bracelet. It is beautiful, silver and has crosses all around it. When I asked her where she got it she told me she would get me one next time she went to the store. This morning when I saw her, she gave me her bracelet and told me next time she was a the store she would get herself a new one. It means the world to me and it will take a lot for me to take it off. I did take it off during racquetball and swimming because I do not want anything to happen to it. It is going to be an anchor for me. Something for me to look at when I want to eat and remind me to call on God. I cannot wait to show it to you.

Yesterday I also met with the Camp Nutritionist and she helped me really understand what I need to do when I get home. Today I met with a counselor who does personal training and she helped me set up a weight training plan. I am so excited because I have never really done weight training on a regular basis before, so this will be good. It is always important to do weight training and cardio. They really do go hand in hand. Ladies you do not need to worry about bulking up. There is a certain way to lift to bulk up and if you are doing simple exercises at lighter pounds and lots of repetition you will not bulk up. This has been a great couple of days for me getting ready to come home and really keep up what I have done here.

My workout plan when I get home is to be at the gym at least 5 days a week.
Monday-weights and cardio
Tuesday-spinning
Wednesday Night after Weight Watchers-spinning and weights
Thursday-spinning
Friday-Weights and Cardio
Saturday-If I don't do spinning on Thursdays, I will do it on Saturdays.

THIS SCHEDULE IS NOT SET IN STONE AND MAY SEE CHANGES. PLEASE CHECK WITH ME FOR ANY CHANGES. :)

I workout at the Foglia YMCA. If any of you workout there let me know when you are there and I would love to try and work out with you.

The library closes in 10 minutes and I want to make sure to post this before they turn off the computers. Have a great evening and see you soon. I CANNOT WAIT!!

Love to you all,
Melissa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how fast the week is flying also. I can't wait to see you. I'm so glad you wrote in there about ladies using weights. As we all should know, lean muscle burns fat. So, ladies should do weights to get a little definition in their muscles (not bulk) but then also to BURN MORE FAT. Hello, it's a simple equation and an old wives tale to believe you will bulk up if you lift weights.

I'm glad you met with the nutritionist too. They can shed alot more light on things that are not covered in WW.

Exciting schedule you have there for each week. Mine will be very crazy also.

I love you and cannot wait to see you. Enjoy each day you have left and do not fret about the fact that it is coming to an end, or you won't enjoy the moments left.

Hugs and kisses!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi mommy...I miss you and we only have one more week here and then we go home! I can't wait to see you. Love, Parker

Anonymous said...

I love you and miss you mommy! Today we went swimming at Scott's house. Love, Tricia

Anonymous said...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

parker xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxo

Anonymous said...

You have the most adorable children. Isn't it nice that they love you so much!!! I bet they learned some of that smooching from their Auntie. :)