Friday, October 21, 2005

Biker Babe

Here I am on my new bike. I got my bike on October 14, 2005. It was the day after my birthday. I was like a little kid all day waiting for Christmas. I went riding about 10 miles the day I got it. I rode 10 miles this past Monday and Tuesday. I had to take a break on Wednesday because I was not feeling well and went to spinning today because I knew I would be too cold out on the road.

Riding has been great. They just finished a bunch of trails around here that all kind of connect. I have just begun figuring them all out. I have really taken this time to focus on God's glory in nature. This actually takes the focus off of the ride a lot of times. There are times on my rides that I pray a lot more than I used to. For instance, going up a good size hill for me. I start praying, "Lord, please help me, Lord please help me." It's amazing how he helps me up the hill. So far, I've only had to get off my bike twice in 30 miles of riding and that's only because I'm still learning when I should change gears. :-) I can definetly tell that spinning has paid off. I would have been history on the little hills had I not been building leg muscle in spinning.

I need to get back in the gym to keep up with my swimming lessons and weight training. I have only had one swimming lesson. My teacher, Buzz, is being a wonderful man and fitting me in when he can since I can't afford private lessons right now. I need to make sure that I get in and get my laps in. I'm setting up a new schedule this week to start next week. Getting my bike really through everything else in a loop. I kind of threw everything else to the wind, but it has been worth it.

Tomorrow is my birthday outing with my best girlfriend, Darlene. This fall marked our 20th anniversary of being friends. Pretty awesome. She won't tell me what we are doing, but I'm so excited regardless. I need to get to bed, so I'm not dead tired.

I'm really excited about how things are going that I have adopted a new quote.

"I now only have good days and great days." -Lance Armstrong

Blog more later,
Melissa

No comments: