Saturday, October 22, 2005

I Fit!!!

I just went to Six Flags Great America last night. My best buddy Dar took me there for my birthday present. They are having their Halloween Celebration, so there was a bunch of scary decorations and guys walking around. I don't usually do well with scary, but no one was jumping out at us and no one was chasing us.

The exciting news is that I am 40 pounds lighter then the last time I went. Last time I couldn't fit on most of the rollar coasters and it was very discouraging for me. This time there was only one that I couldn't fit on. It was so exciting and made me realize how far I have come. That's what I kept saying to Dar all night, "Dar, we've come a loooong way." We used to be eating buddies now we are excerising, getting healthy buddies. Sometimes we just crack up when we are all excited and talking about the gym. I'm so proud of both of us and how far we've come on our journey. It will be exciting to see where we go from here.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you how exciting it was to finally fit on rides again. I cannot wait to get back to DisneyWorld. I could fit on everything, but not comfortably last time. It will be great!!

Gotta get the kids to soccer.
As excited as ever and ready to lose some more weight,
Melissa

2 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

I'm so proud of you Melissa!

Anonymous said...

That's so great!!!!