Friday, December 30, 2005

Great Workout Day!!

I have to admit and I hate to do it, I gained the holiday 5 pounds. The average American will gain 7 pounds over the holiday season, so I am happy to say that I am below average. :-) I am now back in my grove with working out and eating. I had an AWESOME day yesterday.

I woke up at 5am to head to my spinning class (which is an aerobic workout on a bike) and got there early, clipped in and starting warming up. My instructor was running late, so he got there and got our class on our way. Half way through, he comes up to my bike and says take over Melissa I really gotta go to the bathroom. I freaked out and then took over for one song and I tell you it was a blast. Everyone told him when he got back that I did great. I know now for sure that I will teach a spinning class in the future. After spinning I headed home and got some work done around the house. I then headed back to the gym in the evening to do my weight training and another spinning class was starting, so I jumped on a bike and took another 45 minute class and then did a full body workout with weights. It was awesome. Eating went well too, so yesterday was a very good day for me. Today I am off to a great start and will go to the gym later to try a kickboxing class. I'm excited. I'll let you know how it goes. Later, Melissa

5 comments:

Papa Tweet said...

Wow, huge day. Way to go. How many days in a row do you think you can stay in the groove? Pick a number and challenge yourself to make it. It always works for me. When you find a groove you gotta ride it for as long as you can. While everyone else is stuffing their faces and drinking themsleves silly on New Years Eve, you'll be eating light and enjoying the runners high from your days workout. There is no better feeling in the world. That is why I workout, to feel good. Losing weight is just a bonus! Take care and keep it up.
Benny

Melissa said...

Benny, thanks for the encouraging words. I plan on taking it one day at a time. I want to be at the gym between 5-6 days a week. Sundays are my definite day of rest and Fridays is my lighter day, so I know I can do it and not get burned out. The eating thing is going well because in the morning I am planning out my meals for the whole day and laying the stuff out on the counter. I even plan out my snacks, so that isn't an issue. I'm on my way. Thanks again.

Melissa

Papa Tweet said...

You're totally on your way. I think I know what your resolution is going to be. I'm so excited for you. People like you are the reason I love to blog. I love the stories of people changing their lives one day at a time. It is something I wish everyone could do. The thing is, they can. They just have to have the desire and comittment. Not everyone has that ability to commit to something and see it through to the end. I am so pulling for you. You can totally do it. Heck, you already have really. You just need to commit to it for the long run. You go girl!
Benny

Sixteen Chickens said...

Melissa, I'm so with ya on the 5lbs, me too! I'm also so with you on the getting back into the workout groove! Good going on teaching that spinning class, if we lived closer I'd come over and take a class with you as the instructor! Have you decided yet what races you are going to do in 2006?

Melissa said...

Hi Wylee,

Welcome back from Elf World :-)
Yes, I have picked a race. I will be doing what used to be the Reebok's Womens Triathlon in Naperville Illinois. It is a Sprint Distance. I will swim .46 miles, bike 14.6 miles and run a 5k. If I'm up to it I will do a second one in July. It is the Danskin Women's Triathlon in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin. Do you live anywhere near there?

Talk to you later,
Melissa