Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It's been over two months!!

Hi Everyone! I cannot believe that it has been over two months since I've blogged. As you can tell from my last post I was missing my Mom. I figured out that I haven't really grieved her and had a tough time there, but am doing better. I am doing better emotionally there, but had a setback with working out and weightloss. With my Triathlon right around the corner I am getting back in the swing of things. About 4 weeks ago I started swimming lessons. My teacher cracks me up and keeps lessons fun. I have my last lesson on Monday and will probably sign up for 5 more. This week I feel like it all clicked. I never realized how much there really is to swimming. I am going to get my bike off my trainer after Easter. The weather has been gorgeous, so it has been hard not to go biking, but I have 25 people coming over to my house on Easter and am distracted enough as it is. I don't need my bike to be an added one. :-) I'm starting a running program next week. It is called FROM THE COUCH TO A 5K IN SIX WEEKS. Considering I don't run yet this seemed like a good place to start. We will soon see. My goal for my first Triathlon is to finish and after that set time goals, so that's pretty much where I am on the Triathlon route.

One of my posts talked about my Friend, Chris in Iraq that was hurt. He has been home for awhile and is doing AWESOME. In fact as soon as he can get the doctor's ok, he will head back to Iraq as early as June. He still has guys over there so I understand that he wants to go, but don't like it. :-)

Tricia is doing great. She started Skatebording lessons last Saturday and is doing great. She is the only girl in her class, but has no problem with that and the teacers are great with her. I will be posting pictures soon.

Parker started Kung Fu about a month ago. He is a White Belt with 2 stripes. He loves it and it is teaching him great discipline. Again, I will post pictures of him soon.

I'm off to volunteer in Tricia's class. It feels great to be back. Blog more later, Melissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you on here! It actually surprised me to see a post! I thought for sure I clicked someone else's link when I meant to click yours!! LOL! Just giving you a hard time! Glad that things are going well!