Friday, September 01, 2006

We've Got New Pets


Tricia and Parker have been saving up to buy new pets. The day finally arrived and on Monday August 28, 2006 Keith took them to buy their new pets.

Tricia bought a Russian tortoise and Parker got a Leopard Gecko. It has been a lot of fun getting to know them.

Tricia had her named her tortoise long before she even brought him home. His name is Comet.

Parker picked the name Speedy for his Gecko because the first time we took him out of his aquarium and tried to hold him, he jumped out of our hands and was very speedy, running into our linen closet in the bathroom. Speedy's middle name is Dan Chi. Dan Chi is a Kung Fu term meaning single Sticky hands.


Here is Tricia with Comet. This is my favorite picture. I think Comet looks hilarious. Parker said it looks like he is doing a disco dance. He didn't really like getting his picture taken.


Here is Parker talking to Speedy Dan Chi. This was the first day that we really got to hold him because we had to let him get used to his new habitat. Speedy eats crickets and meal worms. Yummmy! Also, if you grab Speedy by the tail by accident he will release it. It is their defense mechanism. If that ever happens I will be so grossed out. Yuck!!


After buying Parker's Gecko I found this poster and had to get it for him. We have it by Speedy's cage. Here Parker is showing him the poster for inspiration.

I think he got the idea. He looks like King of the Lizards!

We had a great evening playing with our new pets and look forward to many years of memories.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speedy,
I love your sticky hands. I can't wait to see you with a worm sticking out of your mouth.
Love, Anonymous Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Tricia and Parker I love your new pets. I wish I could hold them. The turtle reminds me of your turtles out here. Wow are they growing! They live outside in a pool in Vincent and Roderick's back yard. I'll share the pics with them. Take good care of them. I miss you and love you lots!!!!!! Aunt Linda xoxo

Anonymous said...

awwww the gecko looks like my old teachers gecko =) it's sooo cute! the turtle is cute too. i still have my turtle from when i was really little

i miss u!

Anonymous said...

He's the new face of Geico!