Friday, June 22, 2007

My Triathlon is Here

Well, this is it. My triathlon is on Sunday. I'm really nervous, but yet excited. I'm not as ready as I was last year. I've gained quite a bit of weight back, so I'm not feeling as confident. I decided that I would turn to the Bible at this time for encouragement. I found many verses that I will cling to during my triathlon. Here they are:

Psalm 63:7-8 Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. 8-My soul clings to you; your right hand holds me up.

Philippians 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

1Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run (or walk in my case) in such a way as to get the prize.

The last part of my triathlon will be a 5k, that's 3.1 miles. I will not be running it. I will be walking most of it, so I found some bible verses about walking to encourage me. I was discouraged because my goal was to run my 5K this year and it didn't happen. I am encouraged after reading these verses. Here they are:

Proverbs 4:12 When you walk, your steps will not be hampered, when you run, you will not stumble.

Psalm 26:3 Your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth.

Psalm 138:7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me.

I love the last verse because it shows me that no matter what I go through God is there to protect me from my foes and reach out to save me.

I also am looking at this verse through the eyes of my triathlon. I will have trouble walking the 5K and it is just a promise to me that God will reach out His right hand and guide me through my triathlon. What a great picture to have with me on race day.

Another neat thing about this triathlon is that I will be meeting two of my online buddies at the triathlon. We met online through my blog and we are now friends. They are doing the triathlon as well and we are meeting the night before for dinner. I cannot wait to meet them. Their blogs are always an encouragement to me. I will definetly take pictures and post them soon. Thanks to all who help me reach my dreams and always encourage me. You know who you are and you are the best.

Good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK!!! I know you'll do great!