Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm doing my own IRONMAN



I went swimming yesterday for the first time in who knows how long. I'm not really that great, but boy did it feel great to be back in the water. I swam 1/2 a mile and had a lot of time to think about what I was doing with my life. I realigned some of my priorities that got a little out of whack and I was really thinking about IRONMEN. You all amaze me, so I decided that over the next couple of months I would do my own IRONMAN in honor of Commodore and in honor of my friend Benny. There are links to their blogs on the side bar (Commodore and Iron Benny). These two incredible individuals have really helped me in my motivation to get healthy and to be happy. I am truly blessed to have met them through the triathlon community. I am also doing this in honor of all the men and women who got out there with Comm and Ben this past Sunday and did the AZIM. I am not saying finished because if you got out there and even tried it you did it. My hats off to all of you.

For those of you who don't know an Ironman is a 2.4 mile swim, 112 bike and 26.2 run. I will be doing this and hope to finish by June 17. I'll keep you posted.

My Ironman update:
Swim: 1/2 mile
BIke: 0 miles
Run (or for me walk): 0 Miles

Have a blessed day!!

1 comment:

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

I think this is an AWESOME idea! I've thought about trying it myself several times, but the idea got put on the back burner when I got pregnant.

Best of luck!