Saturday, April 19, 2008

WW UPDATE and IRONMAN UPDATE AND IRONMAN WISCONSIN

Well, folks I'm on my way to becoming a healthier, happier person. I have gone 42 days without Soda and 12 without sweets. I was in the gym Mon-Fri this week and I feel great!!

WEIGHT WATCHERS UPDATE:

Last time I was there I was 297. That was almost a month ago. Today I weighed in at 297.2. I know it's only .2 pounds, but I was very bummed. I feel like I am finally doing everything right, so I thought I would see more of a loss this week, but what I have learned through my journey is that I cannot look to the scale for my successes. That will come with time. Here are successes that I have had recently:

-I'm spending more time with God
-42 days off soda
-12 days off sweets ( I know you are all probably sick of reading that, but I'm so proud of myself)
-Swam 1/2 mile
-In the gym on a regular basis now
- I'm cooking more
-I'm not eating out as much
-I have more energy
-I'm watching less TV
-I'm happier than I have been in a looooong time

I want my kids to learn that being healthy is a lifestyle not a diet and they are seeing that in me and they are even doing things that they haven't before. I'm very proud of myself and my recent successes and I cannot wait to see what lies ahead. Go Me!!

IRONMAN UPDATE:

Swim: 1/2 mile
Bike: 5 miles
Run: 1.75 miles

IRONMAN WISCONSIN:

SEPTEMBER 7, 2008 is Ironman Wisconsin and I have decided that I am going to volunteer at the event. I have been so moved by Ironman AZ that I decided that even if I never compete in an Ironman I want to be involved, so I was thinking of going and being a spectator this year, but instead I decided to give back to the athletes that I have come to admire so much by volunteering my time. It is the least I can do. I am so excited about the prospect of volunteering, so if any of you are going to be doing it please let me know, so when I am there we can meet.

Later!!

2 comments:

Kimberly Rae said...

My new blogger friend.... if you volunteer at an event #1 bring your kleenex, its VERY emotional and #2 you will get hooked! I was a spectator at IM Kentucky last year, my sign.other Kevin raced it... I was a blubbering idiot at the finish line for complete strangers... Heck I came across Iron Snoopy's blog, read her report of the race (had not meet her prior to this) and found myself in tears months later, reading a complete strangers race report.... did my first TRI last summer (sprint distance) and well, now.... I'm contemplating a 1/2 IM in Sept...

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Hi, got here via Megan's blog...I'll be racing IMWI this year...I'll keep an eye out for you. Volunteers really make it happen. Without you guys, an IM would be virtually impossible.