Monday, April 12, 2010

Oh The Places I'll Go



"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the one who'll decide where to go."- Dr Suess


This is a quote that a friend of mine put on her facebook. I have been a HUGE Dr. Suess fan for as long as I can remember. Today I read this quote and it really hit home to me. It inspired me to write a Dr. Suess like poem.

I am a new person, Yes siree
I am a new athlete, Oh can't you see.

I can ride a bike with one hand.
I can run a race while listening to a band. (Unless of course IPODS are banned. )

I can eat a power bar in a car
I can run, and run and run really far.

I can run without turning green.
I can run upstairs without twisting my knee.

I am eating healthy so I can be a fox.
I can get my new running shoes out of a box.

I can eat green veggies and ham.
I eat them oh yes I can.

Oh the places that I will go
Nothing ever will make me slow.

Anything that I dream will come true that's the plan
I can do anything, cause Melissa I am.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reading this made me smile. Miss you! I'll be home in a couple of weekends, don't you worry. :)