Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I MADE IT and I haven't died yet!! :-)

Hello Everyone, I have made it to camp. This has to be short for now, but I will blog more later tonight or tomorrow.

I took the Grey Hound bus to camp on Sunday. That was an experience, but not as bad as I thought it could have been. I made it and finally got to camp. I thought I would have a roommate, but I didn't get one. I was upset at first, but now love having my own room.

We are assigned a counselor and a group. I am with 4 other women. Rita, Anya, Shauna and Tina. Shauna and I have really hit it off and have a lot in common. She is here 4 weeks and I am really excited about getting to know her better. I am in a Suite with 4 other women. They do not put you with your group friends because that forces you to mingle a little bit. My Suitemates are Kathleen, Barbara and Debi. They are very sweet ladies. I'm bummed though because Kathleen and Debi are only here two weeks.

As far as activity goes we have to have 4 activity classes a day. You read it right. I am taking Step Aerobics, Hiking, Boot Camp and Spinning. I am going to drop Step Aerobics and just walk that hour until next week when I can get something else. Don't worry Boot camp is not as bad as it sounds. One thing they don't tell you in the beautiful brochure they send you is that you have to walk a mile to the dining hall and a mile back. So just eating we are walking about 6 miles a day. I probably walk a little less because all my fitness classes are kind of near the dining hall, so I just pack a bag for the day and stay up by the dining hall. I figured out that I have about 1 hour and a half between my last class and dinner so I will be spending it at the library reading and writing to you all.

I need to go for now. As part of your nutriction education you have to help serve meals to learn portion control, so I'm off to dinner early to serve my new friends.

Thank you for all your prayer and support. It has been a very stressful few days getting adjusted to this schedule and the new relationships. Keep praying.

Love to you all,
Melissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing great! I am encouraged with your attitude, as both you and I know that you will succeed in this challenging program. I love you and miss you
Keith

Karl Bastian said...

Spinning??? what do you do? Spin around until you get dizzy?

prayin' for ya!