Sunday, June 19, 2005

I'm off to camp!!

A lot has happened since my last post.

First of all, for all of you concerned for my well being there has been no more quakes.

Back to Kristi's graduation. It was beautiful weather and a nice day. Her graduating class had about 902 graduates. It took 45 minutes to read the names. The ceremony was nice, but it was hard to hear because of so many people in the stands. Kristi's name was called and she went the wrong way on the stage and had to run back across to get her diploma. It was cute.

After the graduation Uncle Wilson and Aunt Linda had some people over for dinner to celebrate Kristi. It was nice because some of them are people who have known me since I was a baby. Once such lady is Sybil. She used to watch me in the nursery when I was born and until I graduated to the Toddler class. She has since watched both my kids in the nursery and we have pictures. It was great to see her and catch up.

Friday, I did go out with my friend Tammy. We went to Lunch and then hung out at her house. It was great catching up. She is Karl's age, so she was friends with all us kids. Everytime I'm back in town we get together. It's always great to see old friends.

Friday night it was off to Keith's sister's house. Aunt Heather and Uncle Kevin took us out to eat. The kids ended up falling asleep in the booth after eating a little bit of their pizza. Heather, Kevin and I had a great time visiting. We went back to there house and I tried to stay up to visit with them, but kept falling asleep, so I went to bed. Saturday morning, we just hung out. Parker had a blast playing playstation with Uncle Kevin. Tricia had fun getting used to their dog, Dublin, with Aunt Heather. We will get to see them more down the road.

Saturday was spent getting ready for the trip. I had to run errands and repack my bags. When I was at Wal-mart I ran into a lady that used to watch me all the time when I was little. Her name is Kathy Richards. We have lost touch so I don't have any of her contact information. I was trying to look her up on the internet and couldn't find her, so it was really cool to bump into her.

Today is the day I leave for camp. I just said good-bye to the kids. It was hard. As they were pulling away to go to church they were yelling out the window and blowing me kisses. I could still hear them yelling good-bye as my Uncle pulled away. I held it together until they were around the corner and then I cried. I know they will be fine and I'll be fine while I'm at camp, but I have never left them this long. I probably will not see them now for about a week and a half. Please pray for me and them.

We called Daddy to wish him a Happy Father's Day today. It was nice to be able to talk to him. We celebrated Father's Day the Sunday before we left, so today isn't as hard as it would have been.

I need to get going. I probably won't be on the internet until tomorrow. Thanks so much for all your prayers and encouragement on my journey. I couldn't do it without friends and family like you all.

Blog more later,
Melissa

PS. Today is Karl and Sara's 12th wedding anniversary. Congrats guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa It's Monday morning and the kids are doing great. We started doing chores and they made their beds, rinsed out breakfast dishes, dressed, brushed teeth, and are coloring George and Martha puppets. Next we're going to the library and my classroom. Have a great day. I prayed for you! I love you! Aunt Linda xoxo