Friday, June 17, 2005

E A R T H Q U A K E

We were in another earthquake yesterday. We were in the bleachers waiting for Kristi's graduation to start and I felt the earthquake. I said it's an earthquake and my Aunt Linda thought it was just the bleachers moving, but then her son Scott joined us, with his wife and baby, and asked us if we had felt the earthquake. They are saying it was about a 5.2-5.3 on the Richter scale. That was about the same as the one on Sunday, but this seemed a little longer. This area has not felt earthquakes in about 10 years. It's cool to be able to say that I've been in 2 earthquakes since getting here, but it has me a little nervous. I hope that this is all the activity I will feel.

I will blog more later. I'm off to spend the day with an old friend, Tammy. After that we are off to Uncle Kevin and Aunt Heather's house to spend the night and part of the day. It will be great to see Keith's Sister and husband. They love the kids so much and we love them. Write more later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I must say that when we told you to have a "rockin'" summer, we didn't mean literally. I'm glad you're fine, but next time, put some popcorn and oil on the stove and you won't have to shake the pan. :)

Karl Bastian said...

Tell Tammy I said HI!!!!

Your blog had me 'cracking up' - I mean, I was 'erupting' and the 'shaking' was making the 'ground move'. Sorry, i shouldn't be 'crackin' jokes, though they make me 'split' up. I should 'shift' to another subject that isn't so 'explosive.' Now you are probably mad at me - I'm 'quaking' in my boots, but it's not my 'fault' - I get this humor from my dad, and this is just the 'crust' of potential to 'slide' into more and more puns until the 'after shock' of my jokes causes a 'rift' in our relationship leading to a 'separation' of our 'disjointed' friendship.

Don't be 'stressed' out, you are in California, the land of good 'vibrations.' Don't let this be an 'upheaval' of your plans.

I hope there is no 'breach' in our relationship now that I have 'fractured' your blog with every 'disjointed' pun i could think of.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the comment. What I was doing while reading it was something like an earthquake. It was a laughquake. Happy Anniversary.

Love,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I have a song for you.... "I feel the earth move under my feet, I feel the sky tumbling down, tumbling down..."

He he he