Thursday, June 16, 2005

It's THURSDAY!!

Wow, it's Thursday already. I cannot believe how fast the time has flown.

Tuesday afternoon the kids and I met up with Keith's Dad, Dave. We went to the mall where I remember going as a kid. It was fun to see some of the stores still the same after all these years. Keith's Dad loves to read and have the kids read to him, so we walked to the library.

I have so many fun memories from this library. They used to have a bathtub full of pillows that you could go in and read. I would spend hours reading CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE books in there. I couldn't find the tub and when I asked about it, the librarian laughed and said that everyone comes back and asks where the tub is. I told her they should get a new one.

Dave and the kids had a lot of fun. Parker has really picked up on reading this year at school, so he had fun reading to Grandpa. Tricia disappeared on us and read a whole biography on Rosa Parks. We couldn't leave the library until she had finished. Grandpa found his favorite book from his childhood and read it to the kids. He really enjoyed it.

After the library we went to dinner at a place called Souplantation. It is a Buffet of salad and soup. They also have a pasta bar and a dessert bar. The kids love it too because they have pizza bread and mac-n-cheese. If any of you have been to Green Tomatoes in Schaumburg it is the same company. If you haven't been go, it's good.

Yesterday, Wednesday, the kids and I went to work with Aunt Linda. I have wanted to meet her class and see her classroom. Yesterday was a great day to go because it was their end of year picnic. My Aunt teaches in a school that has a lot of kids that are a little less fortunate than others. These kids don't have much, so my Aunt really goes out of her way to do special things for them. Tricia and Parker had a blast and really got along well with the kids. I had them walk back to the school with Aunt Linda and the kids and they loved it. Then they got to sit in a desk and do an assignment at the end of the day with her class. My Aunt is so creative and makes her class very exciting for the kids. Not only did Karl and I get our creative juices from our Mom, but also our Aunt.

Afterschool, we came home, relaxed a little bit and then the kids and I headed out again. I went to Weight Watchers here. My Weight stayed the same since last wednesday night and I was ok with that. A lot has happened between then and now. After that my best buddy Jennifer came and picked us up and we went and had dinner at her house. Her husband, David, had cooked for us. BBQ chicken,steak, corn on the cob, fruit, beans, Tortilla Chips and salsa. Luckily I hadn't eaten much before Weight Watchers, so I could enjoy it. Their Daughter Madison is so adorable. Her Mom taught her to say our names and she does great. It is much easier for her to say Tricia and Parker than it is to say Melissa.

A funny story about the kids and Jennifer and David. On Monday when she was here she asked Parker what kind of food would he like David to make for him on Wednesday. Parker answered, "STEAK!!" Jennifer laughed and mentioned it to David. Last night when David had served Parker and got him all set up Parker looked at his plate and said, "Hey, where's my steak?" We just all cracked up and David said, " I have a little piece over here" and gave Parker some steak. It was pretty cute. It was really a fun evening and a great time for catching up.

Today is Thursday and we have Kristi's Graduation to attend. I'm feeling old. My little cuz, Kristi, came to our family as a baby and her adoption was final, I believe, around age 3. I am so glad that God saved our family for her. She has brought so much Joy to our family over the years and I cannot wait to see how God will touch her life and use her someday.

I will blog about her graduation later. I have stuff all over the house I need to get cleaned up before company gets here for dinner.

TAFN=That's All For Now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking that I should go read a book in the bathtub! I love you and miss you.