Tuesday, June 14, 2005

It's fun to be at the YMCA

My Aunt still has a week of teaching left as kids around here are in school until Thursday. She dropped me off at the YMCA while my cousin watched the kids for me. This YMCA is so tiny. I"m spoiled by the one I go to in Illinois. It was good to work out again. I did an hour cardio. 20 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on a recumbent bike. In all I worked out for 5 miles. After the Y I had to walk back to the house because I didn't have a car. It was a nice walk. I cut through Del Valle Park where we spent many, many hours with our cousins growing up. It was fun reminiscing while taking the walk. I came home and hung out for awhile with my cuz, ate lunch and then took the kids to the park. They had a fun time. Then we walked to a music store and back home. It was fun to show them different things that I did and liked as a kid. They are at a fun age to appreciate it. After we got home we had my favorite popsicle that you can't get in Illinois. It is called a BIG STICK. Only 80 calories and no fat. Later in the evening my best buddy Jennifer came over with her little girl, Madison. Jenny and I met in the church nursery when we were just toddlers. I have never met Madison. She is 18 months old and a doll baby. That was my day yesterday. Today is another quiet day. Later we might be going out to dinner with Keith's Dad, Dave. I'll blog more later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meepa! We've been thinkin' of you and said a couple prayers too! Say hi to everyone at the Blackwells! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Well, I can see you are having fun out there. By the way, I've made a couple of friends here too, so I only cry when thinking about missing you every other hour now. :)

Have a blast this weekend and hug Aunt Linda for me.