Friday, July 01, 2005

Get to see my Babies Today!!

Good morning everyone,

I went on a beach jog/walk. I really pushed myself and ran a lot of it. It was very cloudy and misty out, so it wasn't one of the more beautiful days out there, but it made me move more. I'm starting to jog a little bit, which is a first for me. I can't say that I enjoy it yet.

I went to weight training this morning. There is this great counselor, Lisa, who is helping me so I will have a plan when I get home. The weight training went well. Next, I'm off to kickboxing. I'm ready to work up a sweat!!

After Kick Boxing I am running to my dorm and then getting ready to go to Aunt Linda's for the weekend. I'm getting picked up by Heather and the Kids and we are heading out of town. I will miss two classes today and tomorrow, but I figure I can go walking in the park or walk to the YMCA and work out. I'm excited because tomorrow is my little man's 6th birthday. It will be great to be with him for his big Star Wars Day.

Oh Yeah, someone has posted a comment twice asking what spinning is. In one of my posts I put that it is a biking class, but I guess they missed that. Spinning is a class where you are on a stationary bike. You are in an aerobics studio with a teacher in front on a bike teaching the class. You do uphill seated inclines where you put the resistance really high, you do standing uphill inclines, you do jumps where you are standing and sitting quickly, you do standing or seated sprints. This class is about 45 minutes long. Before leaving for Camp I started spinning at the YMCA and loved it. The longest class I have taken is 90 minutes long. I'm still building up my endurance, so I cannot exactly stand the whole time they want you to, but I'm getting there. I have taken it for two weeks, but am taking a break next week, but I will be back.

Also, kickboxing we are not using bags, but learning all the moves, so I'm hoping at the Y they use the bags. That will be fun.

I'm off to kick some butt or rather get my butt kicked. :-)
Melissa

No comments: