Saturday, July 02, 2005

The Force Was With Parker

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday Heather and the kids picked me up at camp. We came straight to Aunt Linda's. I decided I had enough of my long, thick, hot hair, so I made an appointment with her stylist and got my hair cut off. I will post pictures later. I was growing it out for a year to send to Locks of Love. www.locksoflove.org This is an organization that uses human hair to make wigs for children who lose their hair due to cancer. I have wanted to do this for a long time and the time has come. They cut a 12 inch ponytail off. I now have a cute bob haircut. I really like it.

Today was Parker's 6th birthday. We had a Star Wars Party for him. We were supposed to have 8 kids, but it turned into more. We had Jedi Training. They were my little Padawon Learners. I had different stations set up for them to work on using the force and honing in on their Jedi skills. I bought a Jedi poster to hang up and it had the Jedi emblem in the middle and they had to stick their sticker in the middle of it. They were blindfolded and had to use the force. I had inflatable light sabres and balloons and they had to keep the balloon up. It was great because the balloon popped if it hit the grass, so we challenged them to keep the balloon up as long as they could. We had a bunch of balloons ready to go if they popped. I had buckets with Meteors that they had to throw in a bucket and they had to throw clothes pins in a bottle to practice their precision. At the end of the party they had the chance to use these skills to defeat Darth Vader. I had a Darth Vader Pinata. It was a really fun party and everyone was so generous with Parker. He got 2 different Light Sabres, Star Wars Episode 1 and 2, Action Figures, the new Veggie Tales Movie, Fantastic Four Toys and a few more toys. He was spoiled!! I would have to say that THE FORCE WAS DEFINETLY WITH PARKER.

We had a good day and we are now just hanging out. I'll blog more.
Love to you all,
Melissa

Oh yeah, one more thing, My sis-n-law, Kelly has started a blog about her adventures in Canada. Her blog address is www.kellybastian.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the most creative mother ever. I don't know if our kids know, yet, how lucky they are. But I do know how lucky I am.
Love you!
Keith

Anonymous said...

No wonder I haven't honed my use of the force yet. I never had a Padawan Learner Birthday Party! Great idea. I wish I coulda been there to train, too. Although, I don't remember candy coming out of Darth Vader when he was defeated in the movies.

Anonymous said...

I wish you had been my planner of birthday parties when I was little. That sounds like a ton of fun. You can officially do all my kids birthday parties, after I work on the steps leading up to getting those kids. :) Did you give my babies a big hug and kiss? Make it sloppy!!! :)

I love you. You're doing fantastic.

Kellygurl said...

I'm so excited to see your new haircut! I understand how annoying long hair can get in the summer. In october it will be a year that I have been growing it out for locks of love. I'm not sure mine will be ready by then. Good luck with the rest of the camp. Hopefully, I'll see ya when we both get home!
Love ya!
Kelly B

Anonymous said...

Hi Mommy I miss you and I love you! Thank you for my birthday presents and giving me a nice party. I got to watch fireworks last night with Roger. Love, Parker