Friday, July 22, 2005

Last Day At Camp

Hello,

Today is my last day at camp. This morning I woke up early and had my last weigh-in. I lost 3 pounds this past week bringing my grand total to 15 pounds. With my weight loss before leaving I have now hit the 40 pounds lost mark. I'm so proud of myself. I will not know how many inches lost until later. I will let you all know.

This morning after weighing in I took a walking tour of part of the campus and video taped it and took pictures, so I can remember my journey. I even had someone take video of me doing the stadium stairs. It will be fun. I pretended to be Rocky when I got to the top. After that I went for weight training. Again, it was fun. I will be skipping racquetball to pack and then hopefully will go kyaking one last time. If I'm not packed by 2:30 I will skip Kyaking.

I have to keep this short, but I am really excited about this next bit of news. On July 15, 2006 I will be participating in an Amateur Short Course Triathlon. I will be swimming 1/2 mile, biking 15 miles and running 3 miles. I will be doing this with my best girlfriend, Dar (it was her idea) and hopefully Keith too. :-) I'm so excited about this idea, but if I think of the mileage too much I tend to panic. It is really exciting to have this fitness goal. It will be in Minnesota, so anyone who wants to come and cheer us on at the finish line is more than welcome. This is going to be huge!

Thanks again for all your support, love, encouragement and prayers. I love you all.
Melissa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you and Dar are awesome and should go for this completely. I'll be there cheering you on. You can do this. Just think - it's not a long course triathlon - so it's about 1/4 to 1/2 the distances the professional idiots run, bike and swim.

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa I'm at Michael's house and we are really proud of you! I miss the kids today...I'll probably have withdrawal symptoms all next week. I love you and am so happy you've had this time for you! Love, Aunt Linda xoxo

Anonymous said...

I've came across your blog when on your first day at camp and I've been checking your progress since. I have to tell you that you're AWESOME! I admire you for going to camp to loose weight and although I don't know you I am so very proud of you. :) You've inspired me in ways that you couldn't imagine. I hope you keep up your wonderful work and I wish you the best of luck in your triathlon!