Thursday, November 24, 2005

My Turkey Trot 5K

Here is me waiting for the 5K tobegin. It was 15 degrees out with a windchill of -2 degrees. I wasn't sure I should go through with it, but I did and I am so happy I did. Only about 15-20 people showed up.
Keith and the kids met me there to see me finish the race. Parker was too cold, so he waited for me in the car. Tricia and Keith met me on the trail. The pictue below is of Tricia and I hiking up the last hill and the middle picture is of Tricia and I crossing the finish line.
My personal best for a 5k is 50:53 seconds, which I didn't beat this time. I had back problems leading up to this and wasn't even sure as of this past Tuesday if I was going to be able to do my 5k. It was very windy and a very hilly course, so I finished in 52:40 seconds. Not to bad.

Darlene was doing a race today as well. She did a 4 mile course in 55:00. Let's all give her a WAAAAHOOOO!! YOU GO GIRL.

Well, we are off to Dar's for Thanksgiving Dinner. Have a blessed day with the ones you love.

Lots of Love and Turkey,
Melissa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job girl. You are amazing. You got up in the cold and did it with a full day coming up and a lot of plans. I'm so proud of you.

Love you and I can't wait for the next 7.5 days to zoom by. :)

Sixteen Chickens said...

Yay! I'm so proud of you for getting out in the cold and going for it! Well done on the shopping too. I have to go to work at noon at the mall (I'm Santa's elf) not sure what to expect because I never go out on black friday.

Bolder said...

ok, so i complained that it was too hot! and, um, so I complained about the mom's running 15 minute miles with their daughters, so i look at your pics, and um -- i retract all of it!

sersly, my blog is about encouraging people to get out, and report out, and celebrate their achievements -- today, that is exactly what you've done.

well done.