Thursday, December 15, 2005

King Kong and Spinning

Last night I got to go and see the new movie KING KONG. It was very good, but has some very intense scenes. I definetely wouldn't take my kids to see it. The special effects were awesome!! There were some aspects that I could have done without, but overall very happy with it. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to ruin anything for those of you who do want to go and see it. If you do go and see it please post your thoughts. The movie was over 3 hours long and my brother and I went to an 8:30 show, so we were home late and I didn't get bed until after midnight. I asked my spinning teacher Jeff if he could come to class by 5:15am today to help me with my new clip in shoes. Once I was in bed after the movie I realized I had to keep my appointment with Jeff, so I was up at 4:45 to go to spinning.
I got there at 5:15 right when the gym opened and put on my new shoes. If you have joined my blog recently you might not know that my spinning instructor bought me my shoes when I was really down about working out, weight loss and was ready to throw in the towel. He made me promise to come to class for a week and he would get them for me. This was a while back and he kept his word and I have my new shoes. Clipping in was weird, but AWESOME!! For those of you who don't know, you can buy shoes that clip into your pedals on your bike. It really makes you get more from your workout. It's hard for me to explain. It was pretty easy to catch on to clicking in, had a little trouble getting out and I'm really not sure how I am supposed to do these on a real bike. I'm going to click into my regular bike on grass the first time I do it. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about an awesome compliment my spinning instructor gave to me last week. He told me that the YMCA had an opening for a Spinning Instructor and that I should apply. I thought he was kidding and he said I would be good. I'm not able to becuase of the time of the class and I'm not quite to that level of confidence yet, but I do want to teach a spinning class in the future, so this really encouraged me.
Have a great evening. Melissa

4 comments:

Papa Tweet said...

Hey Melissa,
Just found your blog from Bolder in Boulder. That is really nice of your spin instructor. I think you are right, you should clip in on grass for the first time on you bike. I got used to my shoes while riding my mountain bike. Needless to say, I got pretty beat up trying to learn how to use them. Anyway, keep training, I can't wait to hear more. I love reading newbie triathletes training. If you are having any motivation problems, drop me a line on my blog and maybe I can help. Take care Melissa, keep it up!
Benny

Cliff said...

Woah, bike instructor. That means u must be pretty good :).

I remember the first time i tried clip pedals. I spent 30 min in the parking lot, fiddling iwth the pedal. I never able to clip them on..then i realize the clips I put on my shoes were backward....voila...

Papa Tweet said...

I was just checking out your workout schedule. Looks pretty sweet. Looks like you have big plans. Have you picked a race yet?
Benny

Bolder said...

that's such a great story... such a generous spin instructor, and you got to experience the joy of clicking in... it's all about the bike!

booyah! you are on your way!!