Thursday, January 05, 2006

Bloglines

I do not know if you guys know about this. I'm still learing a lot about computers, so I am really excited about something I just learned about.

I found out from my brother about this website called www.bloglines.com where you can list all the blogs that you read and when someone posts something new it will show up as a new entry. OH MY GOSH, I LOVE IT!! All I have bookmarked concerning blogs is www.bloglines.com I go there click on MY FEEDS and it shows all your blogs (minus my little brothers, his didn't work for some reason) and when one of you have a new post it shows your blog name in bold. It's awesome. Before I would sit there and go through my favorites and click on each and every one of the blogs I was following to see if there is a new entry.

This is really exciting for me, so I'm sorry to bore you if you all knew this already.

The little things in life really do excite me.

Also, I wanted to share a poem with you that I wrote tonight. Enjoy!!
I wrote it to encourage some girlfriends that I went to fitness camp with this summer.

Take care,
Melissa

Weight Loss the Sticks in 2006
By Melissa Black

I look ahead to the new year and what do I resolve to do
Lose weight and be healthy through and through.

Every year it’s the same, it’s come and gone
And I am always left singing the same old song.

So what is so different about this year?
What will make me do it and hold to it dear?

I’m making a plan and changing my life.
I need to do this to end the strife

This weight represents more than just overeating
It’s about all of the areas in my life that are so defeating

So here’s to a new year, and the baby steps I’ll take
To become healthy and fit, this is the new choice I will make

Gone are the days of telling myself I’m no good
And no more beating the blues by turning to food

No more watching TV with endless munching
The only sound you’ll here is carrots I’m crunching.

Too Big for the gym, that’s what I used to say,
but now you’ll see me there day after day.

So what do you want for 2006?
I know for me it’s weight loss that sticks.

4 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

Bloglines cool! Though I'm a little A.D.D. to set it up all at one time, I'm working on it a few blogs at a time. Loved your poem too, you are very creative!

BTW the word verification letters I had to type in to post this (yah, I know Bold, you tried) anyway the letters are w-e-m-e-n-d. We mend.

Papa Tweet said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that poem. I got goose bumbs reading it. Proabably becasue I know what it's like to lose the weight and change your life. It is the best feeling in the world. I wish you all the luck in the world in your personal goals and endeavors. I know you can do it and I can't wait for that day you hit your goal weight. I will celebrate in Utah for that joyous occasion. Keep going, you totally have the momentum to make it work. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!
Benny

Rainbow said...

Great poem and great idea about that website. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I have to check out the Bloglines link. It sounds way awesome.