Saturday, January 21, 2006

Snow Day



















After a very mild start to our winter we finally got snow!! I'm so excited. It was really hard to drive in last night when I had to run to the store. I mean there was no visibility at all, but once we woke up the storm had passed and we were left with such beauty.

Here are some pictures I took around the house this morning.


This is the snowman on our porch. He has been waiting for some snow for quite awhile now. He is very happy.

This is my front yard. I loved how the shadows were casting across the snow!


Here is Keith and I after working about an hour on shoveling and snowblowing. It was a great workout. I was dripping sweat after being done.

Here is the view from our backyard. Again Very Pretty. You can see how high the snow is on the fence.

For more cool snow pictures visit my brother, Karl's, blog at

www.pastorkarl.com

Exciting News: I signed up for my first triathlon today. I'm so nervous now that I'm actually signed up and have fully committed. It is June 25th, 2006 in Naperville, Illinois. Anyone that wants to be at the finish line is welcome to come. I would love to have a whole cheering section.

I'm off for now. Maybe I'll go play in the snow.

Later,

Melissa

3 comments:

Papa Tweet said...

Is Naperville, Illinois anywhere near Ogden, Utah? Crap, I guess I'll have to read all about it. Good luck! No need to be nervous, your going to train for it right. So, you'll be prepared. Thus, no reason to be nervous. It's supposed to be fun ya know. By the way, I had my first Ironman dream lastnight. It was the day before and I was really really nervous. I'm still 3 months away. Could be a long three months if I'm already dreaming about it. Take care Melissa.
Benny

Sixteen Chickens said...

Snow! Ha, it all went south and we didn't get any. Love your porch snowman, he's cute! Hope you don't have too many stiff muscles after shoveling all that.

Anonymous said...

I heard you were in Michigan visiting your little brother? You went to some museum? Went bowling? Auntie Kelly pulled one of Parker's teeth out?!?! We want an update! With pictures!