Tuesday, September 19, 2006

New workout buddy


I have a new workout buddy and I'm so excited. We will be working out on Tuesday nights at the YMCA.

Cindy and I met last fall at ETC preschool. I was a teacher's assistant in the 4's class. Jack is Cindy's son and was in my class. He came about 3 days a week. After awhile Cindy and I started talking. I found out she just moved her from another town. She has a daughter a year older than Tricia and Jack and Parker had a lot in common. We got together and the rest is history. We get along great and our kids do too. Our kids will be going to AWANA, a mid week kids church program while we work out. The church is right down the street from the YMCA, so it will be very convenient for us to go and workout.
This is Cindy and I a couple of months ago at a scrapbooking night.

We went tonight and got in 30 minutes on the elliptical or as one of Cindy's friends calls it the eucalyptus machine. Next week we are going to work out 60 minutes. It's so much more fun with a friend.


Here is a picture of our kids on our boat this summer. They loved going tubing. They are all becoming such good friends.

Last week I lost 2.2 pounds on weight watchers. I am back going to meetings after taking most of the summer off.

I'm back in the mood to lose weight and am doing well. I will be going to Curves 3 days a week, the YMCA 3 days a week and taking Sundays off. It feels good to be back.

Let me know how all of you are doing. Keep on keepin' on and if you haven't started yet, get up off the couch and get going. You'll feel so much better.

Here are a few bible verses for encouragement:

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you on the weight loss and the exercise schedule!!!!