Saturday, May 12, 2007

We are in Costa Rica. I might not come home!!

Hola mis Amigos,

We are in Costa Rica right now and having a great time. We have been here since the 9th. We left on the 10th to stay three days in the Rain Forest.

We just got back from our three day adventure to the Rain Forest. It was incredible. In 3 days Keith and I took about 350 pictures. We had to get up early and take a LOOOOOoooooong bus ride to a boat and then take a lOOOOOoooooong boat ride to our resort. It was fun and we saw a lot of neat animals.

Some of the things we saw included bulls having a bull fight, flamingo, toucans, a sloth, spider monkeys, howler monkeys, Caiman (which is like an alligator), lizards, Iguanas, butterflies, a deer in the water, lots of birds, and plants. It was great.

We were right by the Caribbean ocean, so I got some AWESOME sunrise pictures, but had to get up really early because the sun rises early here and sets early. By 6:00pm it's dark. It was crazy.

The kids are having so much fun. They loved the pool. It had a bridge to a littel island with palm trees. There was a manmade waterfall that they would turn on that went into the pool. Yesterday Jeff caught a tree frog and we got to play with it in the pool. It would swim to us and climb up our chests. He hopped from Jordan to Tricia. It was fun until someone told us to let him go because the chemicals in the pool could hurt him. Jeff just told me that there was a sign up at the pool that said, "do not touch the frogs and do not use flash photography." Opps, we didn't know. It was probaby the hotel pet tree frog. That is actually one of my favorite memories and I know this will be hard for you to believe, but I forgot my camera, but thought, "We'll be at the pool a lot, so it's ok if I don't have it." Of course that's the only day the tree frog showed up.

Tomorrow we are off to a Volcano and hot springs and a waterfall. I cannot wait. I'll blog about it when I get a chance.

1 comment:

Steve Tanner at Magical Trash said...

Sounds like you are having a fun time. It's a nice place, isn't it? :)