Friday, February 22, 2008

Emeril not as cool as Cat!! :-(

Well, we went to Emeril's Sugar Shack event tonight. The desserts were fabulous. Keith saw that Emeril came out, so I ran over with my camera and went to get a picture with him. He took a couple pictures and then said very rudely, "Don't start mobbing me. Don't start with the pictures. Can we wait 5 minutes? Give me a break here." He talked to the people that he was with, walked to a cabana, stayed in there most of the party and then left to go to a private party. Very disappointing, but the best part of the night is that I got to meet Anthony Bourdain. He was with his wife (at least I hope it was his wife) having a private moment with friends. He was getting up to leave and I stuck out my hand to shake his and said, "Hi, I'm a big fan." He said thank you.

Keith and I started something new. When we travel without the kids we take a little stuffed animal or an action figure and take pictures of people and things with the figure or animal. I am travelling with a small smiley face figure. I said to Anthony, "If you don't mind could you take a picture with this for my kids?
Anthony: It's for your kids?
Me: Yes
Anthony: Then I'll do it.
Me: Thank you so much.
Anthony: No problem
Me: (after picture taken) Thanks again. I hope to talk to you more tomorrow at the tasting event.
Anthony: Hope to see you there.

It was wonderful. I also got to talk to Ted Allen. Here is how our conversation went:




Me: (to Keith) Keith, look that looks like so and so's friend.
Keith: go, go, go
Me: (to said person) Hi, are you from Chicago. Do you know so and so?
Mystery man: I spent some years in Chicago, but I don't know that person.
Me: Hmmmm, well you look really familiar.
Mystery man: Well maybe it's because I'm on Top Chef and Iron Chef.
Me: Oh yeah, that's probably it. What's your name?
Ted: Ted
Me: You sure you don't know so and so you from Chicago? (at this point I was just trying to save face)
Ted: No, it's been awhile since I've been there and never heard of him.
Me: I'm sorry. I knew you looked familiar though. Good night!
Ted: Don't worry about it. Good night.

Back at our table.

Me: Keith that wasn't so and so's friend. That's Ted from Top Chef and Iron Chef (he judges on the show).
Keith: I knew after you ran after him who he was, but you were already talking to him.
Me: I'm so embarassed. Why didn't you tell me? All you said was GO, GO, GO. I thought you agreed with me.
Keith: I wasn't sure who he was, but I knew he looked familiar so I told you to go, but then I figured it out.
Me: Thanks honey for letting me embarass myself.

I felt so stupid, but now I have a fun story to tell. I realized after getting back to our hotel room he looks nothing like so and so's friend.

Anyway Emeril was a HUGE let down, but I got to meet Anthony, got to meet Ted Allen sort of :-), and had great desserts. We also sat with a couple from Pennsylvania that ended up being a lot of fun.

Gotta get some sleep.

No comments: