Saturday, August 16, 2008

WW UPDATE and LEG UPDATE

Well, I went to Weight Watchers today and had a 2 pound gain. I have been on vacation, to a wedding, and really busy. I know those are not good excuses, but I just have been eating out way to much. I am glad this weigh in is behind me. I was going to skip it, but I need to go for accountability. It does not help when I avoid the truth, so the truth is I gained 2 pounds. That is all there is to it. It's behind me and I am just looking forward to a new week.

I went to physical therapy yesterday. I am almost done. Only 2 more weeks. YAHHHOOOO!! I talked to the doctor breifly and he said I can start weaning myself off of my boot. And for those of you who might have read that wrong I did not say booze. LOL He also said I can start working out again, but to take it slowly. I am so happy. I have worn that boot for almost 7 weeks now. I didn't wear it today to weight watchers and it was weird. It is so nice to be able to walk again without a limp. :-)

Tricia is not as lucky as me. She just got cleared on Tuesday that she was done with Physical Therapy on her left knee. Well a day later her right knee started hurting and she now has Osgood Schlatter's Disease in her right knee. She is handling it very well. She has 4 more weeks of physical therapy and then we will see how she is doing. She started this whole journey the end of May. She ended school with a NO GYM note and she will be starting school with a NO GYM note. Poor thing. Like I said she is handling it well. In fact she is handling it a lot better than I am. Once school starts some of her PT appointments have to be at 7 in the morning so she doesn't miss school. UGH. We will get through this. It's just going to be a lot of crazy scheduing for us. But God does not give us more than we can handle, so we will be fine and we give Him the glory through all of these trials. I keep praising him that our handicaps are temporary and that we will be healed. Thank you Lord for that.

No comments: