Saturday, September 06, 2008

Ironman Wisconsin Part 1

-woke up at 4:30 this morning. Left at 5:30am
-drove to Madison Wisconsin for an 8:00 volunteer meeting
-Went to said meeting
-Got my t-shirts. They have a cute cow on them.
-Went to Gear Bag Check in for my first volunteer shift.
-Helped from 9:00am-4:00pm checking in people's gear bags in Transition 2. For those of you who don't know what that means, it is the place where the atheletes come in after they bike and get their gear they need for their run.
-met two of my friends who are doing an Ironman for the first time. We have only been online friends, but now met in person.
-met up with about 6 other bloggers and their spouses or boyfriends for dinner. I only knew 2, but it was like we all knew each other by the end of the night.
-headed to my hotel.
-am going to bed. I report for duty at 4:30am for my next shift. I will do bodymarking. That means I will be writing athlete's #'s on their arms and calves.
-then I work a run station
-then I work the finish line. i will be working it when my two friends should finish and I will be able to put their medals around their necks. :-)
Stay tuned for more Ironman Wisconsin Coverage from a Volunteer's eyes.

No comments: