Thursday, March 26, 2009

Got a Massage. NEVER again!!



I started going to a new chiropractor a couple weeks ago. I have had a very sore spot on my lower back for YEARS. I mean it's sore. How sore you might ask? It's so sore that if you barely touch it it hurts. Well, I'm tired of it hurting, so I decided it was time to get something done about it, so I found a new chiropractor. His name is Dr. O'Hara and I absolutely heart him. Well, he suggested that I get a massage to help loosen up things a bit.

I decided to give it a try and got one on Tuesday morning. I started feeling pain within a couple of hours and have been out of commission since. Now don't get me wrong the lady who gave me the massage was great. She let me know everything she was doing and did a great job, but there was one area she worked on where it HURT bad, but I wanted to try and let her work through it, ya know, loosen things up. I have been in pain since. Haven't been able to work out and could barely walk yesterday. This morning the pain continues to shoot in my back and down my leg. I'm going to see Dr. O'Hara this morning so maybe he can straighten me out. I'm just really frustrated.

I've been working out with a coach very aggressively and have only had my back hurt once in 4 months and it wasn't this bad. I have introduced running into my workout and my back has been great. I get a massage and BAM I'm out of commission. It has really been frustrating and I will continue to be frustrated until I feel better. I know I need to continue to work on my back, but this is when I want to stop going. I have learned to adapt in life with my back, now I'm trying to get better and it hurts. It makes me want to just go back to how I was doing things. I know that's no way to live, but it sure beats the pain I am feeling today.

The little funny side note to this massage is that my best bud Darlene is a massage therapist. I told her Saturday I was going to cheat on her with another massage therapist. I called her yesterday saying, "OWWWW, I'm so sorry I cheated on you." LOL She forgave me and told me that she'll do all my future massages. We'll see because until I can walk upright again I'm not too excited about getting a massage from anyone best friend or not.

Please pray for quick healing in my back. Thanks.

2 comments:

Duane said...

You need gentle massage!

Anonymous said...

I had a roommate once that was a massage therapist. She told me that it is always important to tell them what the problem is, because then they can adjust their technique. Like if it hurts that bad, they will find another way to work it out. It is just like with your Doctor. If you leave out symptoms you could get treated for something totally unrelated to your real problem.