Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Had a reality check today

Today I went to personal training.
I told Matt about how my triathlon went.
It was very hard on me.
I'm very proud that I finished, but there was a lot that I had a hard time with.
Everyone is very encouraging and supportive and I appreciate that greatly. You will never know how much. Thank you for all the notes and comments of encouragement for this triathlon.

However, today I needed the reality check that Matt gave me.
He asked me a lot of questions.
He pushed me to really think.
He asked me a lot of questions regarding my heel and why I am not aggressively taking care of it. I have a great chiropractor that is telling me all the right things to do for it, but I am not completely following through and Matt really got me thinking about it all today.

He knows that I want to be an athlete and thin, so he asked me again why.
I told him I want to make my kids proud of me, I want to be healthy, I don't want to be tired and unhappy with who I am.
Then he asked me, "what is unhealthy about you?
I said I've been injured, I still don't have this eating thing down and that is all I basically said, but tonight I got to thinking that the thing that is most unhealthy about me is my mindset. I said to him, "If I could just get my mindset squared away I would be good to go." S I G H. No one said this would be easy.

Matt, thanks for our talk today and our workout. You gave me a lot to think about and I thank you for that. I am so happy we met and continue to look forward to our journey together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog!

Saying things out loud really helps, doesn't it? Saying things out loud enough makes it happen! Love you!