Friday, June 12, 2009

Just thinking about some stuff


Thinking about Statistics. . . why did I decide to take that class? I walked in my graduation 3 credits short and all that is keeping me from my diploma is a statistics class. I have had a long time to finish it, but have had a hard time. Keith has helped me tonight, but it is a looong process of trying to wrap my brain around this. Part of tonight's lesson was titled THE LOGIC OF HYPOTHESIS TESTING. See there is the problem. Me and logic just don't get along. When someone says, "Melissa just think of it logically" of Logically speaking" they lose me right then and there. I've never been good at logic puzzles or anything of the sort, so statistics being mostly logic is proving to be a hard class for me, but Keith has been very helpful, patient, and encouraging to me. He even came to Caribou Coffee tonight and helped me study. Please pray for me. I'm trying to finish this class by the 27th, so it is no longer hanging over my head. Thanks.

Thinking about Triathlons. . . first one of the season is the day after tomorrow. YIKES!! I'm thinking I'm going to go and have fun and finish. I'm thinking I have no high expectations. I'm thinking you can't do anything about injuries and you just have to work with what you've got. I'm thinking despite all my hurdles I've had to jump lately I'm the lightest I've ever been for an event, I've been training with Matt, I'm losing weight, and generally feeling better. Even with the lack of training I can say this might be my best time ever. I cannot wait to find out. I have another one in July and possibly in August. Sunday is just a warm up, so no matter what it will be good.

Thinking about my Kids. . . home from camp tomorrow. You know they drive you nuts when they are away from you and then you miss 'em like crazy when they are gone. I cannot wait to go and pick them up tomorrow and hear all their stories. Parker did the high ropes course twice. I am so proud of him and cannot believe how much he is growing up. He will be 10 July 2nd. I'm thinking I don't have little kids anymore. I am so proud of all they have done and will do and I love them soooo much.

Thinking about weight loss. . . sigh. I've been stuck losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for awhile now. I'm thinking I need to get my butt in gear if I want to reach 175 pounds by December 31, 2009. That has always been my goal, but I have put myself behind schedule, so I'm excited to see if I can reach my goal or be pretty darn close to it. I'm remotivated to do what I need to do, not to be thin, but to be healthy, and to have the lifestyle I have dreamed of. One of being active and not dying young like my mom.

Thinking about my relationships. . . I take most of them for granted especially my relationship with God and my wonderful husband, Keith. Today and tonight, Keith showed me so much kindness, patience, love, and encouragement that it reminded me why I fell in love with him. About my relationship with God, I want to be closer to Him and rely on Him for everything, so tonight I am recommitting myself to Him. I will have a goal of reading my Bible and praying everyday. I have let my goals, and busyness slowly push Him out. I cannot do anything without Him and not spending time with Him is not the way to go.

Thinking that I'm tired. . . . I still need to drive home from Caribou Coffee, so I must get going. Just was thinking about some things and wanted to get them down before I forgot. Good night.

No comments: