Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Role Model

Wow, no one has ever told me I'm their role model, but yesterday someone did.
Someone is looking to me as an example. As someone they could model their life after.
I am so honored. I feel so unworthy, but know that God has put me in this person's life for a reason.
We were meant to meet. We were meant to help each other.
So many times we hear celebrities upset when people say they are role models for their kids, but I see it as an honor and privilege.

Jordan, I promise to be the best role model for you. I promise to strive to be the best that I can be and in doing so help you to be the best that you can be. I promise to be there for you when you need me. I can just listen when you need to talk, be a shoulder for you to cry on, or even go beat up some stupid boy. LOL Thank you for your compliments and for seeing me as someone that you would like to be like. This is such and honor and one that I accept with open arms.

Lord, Thank you for bringing Jordan into my life. Thank you that she sees me as someone she can look up to. Please help me be the best role model I can be and to always remember to keep you at the center of my life, so I always stay Christ centered and not me centered. I give you my journey and ask that you help me see what direction I am to go. Help me to always be encouraging to others and to always put others before myself. In Jesus' name- AMEN!!

No comments: