Sunday, December 27, 2009

January 1st 5K

I am doing a 5k on January 1st to kick off my New Year the right way. I have two friends doing it with me and my brother. I was thinking it would be neat to get as many people to do a 5k on January 1st nationwide. It starts at 11am central time. Wherever you are run a 5k at that time and it will be like we are all running it together. Send me a note if you are in and let's see how many people we can get to do it. Come on you know you wanna run with me.

If you are in Chicago the info is below come on out. It's gonna be a blast.



25th Annual New Year's Day 5K Run/Walk
Date: January 1, 2010
Time: 11 a.m. start
Location: Lincoln Park (Stockton Drive & LaSalle) | Chicago
Beneficiary: Lakeview Citizens Council

Kick off 2010 on the healthy footing at the New Year's Day 5K Run & Walk--Chicago's first official 5K running event of 2010! This iconic annual run/walk -- now celebrating its 24th year -- is a fave with Windy City sports enthusiasts!

An estimated 1,500 runners and walkers are expected to lace up on the first day of the New Year at the run & walk that starts at the south end of Lincoln Park. The course route winds north along the lakefront bike path to Diversey Harbor before returning to the North Avenue Field House.

No comments: