Sunday, February 07, 2010

Thoughts on this past week

I wrote this blog post yesterday, Saturday, February 6, 2010.

Here I am in Starbucks atain one week since I wrote my letter to my Zoe girl, almost 1 week since her funeral. I promised Zoe I wouldn't waste another day. I ahve started to keep my promise.

This week I started watching less TV and am spending a lot less time on the Internet. I've thought about a lot this week. I've taken some huge steps in the right direction, but still have a long way to go.

This week was a bit bizarre. I really just went through the motions of life. My heart was not in this week. It was a MAJOR off week. I just cannot put my finger on it, but the good news is is I persevered and finished my week as strong as I could.

I headed to Weight Watchers knowing that I had lost weight and looked forward to finding out how much I had lost. I lost 4 pounds. I am very happy about that loss because it really taught me a lot about myself.

I was having, for lack of a better word, a bad week. My workouts could have been better, my eating a little better, but I did it. I persevered and I lost 4 pounds. This made me realize that this healthy lifestyle is just that, my lifestyle.

In the past if I would have had a bad week I would have closed down, not tried, and had a 5 pound gain if not more.

Even with the 4 pounds loss ther were some things I did this week that I was not happy about. I have already done some self-reflection and am ready for my new week. I love that I am losing weight. I love that my workouts are on fire, but what i love the most is that i see positive changes mentally everyday.

The title of my blog is, "Journey to Ironman Wisconsin 2012." When I am ready to toed the line at IMWI '12 I will be both mentally and physically ready because of weeks like this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ON A SIDE NOTE:

I had my second meeting with my new counselor, James. We are staring to really explore some issues that I have had that led to my being overweight. I have kept things in so long, not talked about them, and now after shedding 82 pounds, I'm finally ready to talk and free myself.

If you are on a journey to
lose weight and better yourself this year please do not forget to mentally take care of yourself. Whether your battling your weight, smoking, or something else, please figure out the WHYS of what you are struggling with.

I am convinced that's why I am having success. I've done weight loss before, but never had the success I'm having now. I"ve also noticed a HUGE change in my mind set too. Before I used to think about, "If and when I gain the weight back," now I know, "I will NEVER gain the weight back." That is a great feeling to have.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WW UPDATE FOR THIS WEEK:

Lost: 4 pounds
Total lost: 82.6
Current Weight: 223.6

No comments: