Thursday, May 27, 2010

My stomach aches


So I blogged yesterday about stuff going on and was all ready to go to the gym.
Around 1pm my stomach started killing me, big time. It was hurting so badly that I WANTED to puke, so I would start to feel better.
I had it all planned out, get my kids in bed by 830pm, head to the gym, get in a short swim, bike, and short run. A mini triathlon. I had it all planned out all day. Was ready, excited to go, and BAM, this stomach thing. At 850 I was still at home doubled over on my couch and still trying to figure out if i could go. I finally gave in and decided not to go.
I was upset. I wanted to go to the gym. I couldn't. My body would not allow it.

I decided then and there that I would just move yesterdays workout to today. I have the plan all in my head. Go to the car dealership to get something looked at on my car, go to my chiropractor to follow up on my shoulder and neck that went out on Sunday, go to Runner's High-n-tri to exchange my shoes, go to the gym. It's perfect. I'm smiling while thinking about it. As I was doubled over on the couch I decided that was the plan for today. I woke up this morning and my stomach still hurts, just not as bad, but I decided NO MATTER WHAT I am going to the gym today. It may not be the best workout. I may not be able to finish, but come hell or high water I am working out.

I realized with all the mental crap and physical crap that went on earlier in the week I was starting to make excuses. My neck and shoulder really went out, maybe it's cause I needed the mental break from everything, but now it's better, but I still eeked one extra day out of it, you know to make sure I was ok. Now I have this stomach thing. I'm finding that it would be very easy for me to just NOT work out. You would all understand. My coach would probably understand, but I do not want to fall back into the excuses zone that I used to live EVERYDAY!!

That is why I have decided that today, NO MATTER WHAT, NO MATTER HOW MY STOMACH FEELS, I will be at that gym today.

On a side note. I have gone to the doctor a couple times to start figuring out my stomach issues. If you are close to me you know my deal with doctors. I have not followed through on what they have told me because of some fears that I have. Yesterday and today have made me realize that NOW is the time to really take care of this once and for all. There is NO WAY I can be an Ironman if I can't even control stomach issues on a day where I don't have a hard workout. Can you imagine what I would be like on race day, 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run. I will not finish if I do not start figuring this stuff out now. Today, on my blog, I am declaring a new era in my life. A new era of going to the doctor and doing what the doctor says.

Just for those of you who might not know my history. My mom died at age 53 from cancer. It was in her colon, but because of being overweight was misdiagnosed. By the time they found it, it was too late. She died 7 months later. I don't trust doctors very much and finally found one I liked and trusted and he is no longer seeing everyday patients in his practice. He brought in two new doctors and is only doing physical therapy now. I really wish I could see him, but I can't and I need to get over it. Please hold me accountable, but don't give me a hard time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.