Thursday, June 30, 2005

It's a Zoo out there!!!

It was so great to see the kids yesterday. They picked me up after breakfast. I rode the shuttle back to the dorms so I could get there faster. They were standing there waiting for me. I started to tear up in the van. They looked bigger. Parker has a really cute, new haircut and new glasses. He looks so grown up. He told me, "Mom, I look more grown up cause I'm going to be 6 on Saturday." He turns 6 on July 2nd. I will be at my Aunt's for the weekend and we are throwing him a Star Wars Party with his new little friends he has made.

We headed out to the zoo in Auntie's cool car that talks to you. It has the GPS navigation system in the car. It drives Parker nuts. He asked her at one point if she could shut off the talking and Auntie Heather told him if she did they would get lost. It was funny!

The zoo was awesome. We took the bus tour first, so you basically get to see everything. It is a double decker bus, so we sat on top. Tricia's favorite animal is the giraffe and they had a baby one. We saw a Baby Panda Bear. He was only 22 months old, but weighs 132 pounds already. We saw lots of neat animals that we don't have at our zoo . We saw Koala Bears. We went to a show that had several animals that we had not seen before. Tricia loved that. She is still trying to decide if she wants to be a Vet, Zoo Keeper or a paleontologist. Next we took the sky tram. It was like the one they used to have at Disneyland, but took out. Parker begged all day to go on it and when we finally made it to the entrance he said, "Um, Mom, I think I'm afraid of heights." It was so cute. Once we got up there though he was fine. The kids left at 4:00pm, so they could go sailing with Auntie Heather. Once they left the zoo I went on a picture Safari. I got a picture of a Mommy flamingo feeding her baby, hippos fighting and some other amazing shots. I was very patient. It took me about 15-20 minutes to get the perfect shot of the hippos and about 10 for my flamingo shot. Patience is definitely a virtue when it comes to the perfect picture. Thanks Dad for helping us kids love photography. After that I met up with some friends from camp and we walked around. It was great. I did fine with eating all day, but had to run when I smelled the churros and kettle corn. :-)

Well, I'm off to kickboxing. HIIIIIIIIII-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's about time you were taking pictures!!!! I can't wait to see them. :)