Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Surfs Up Dudes

Good Morning Everyone,

I went on the beach walk this morning after staying up way late with my girls, Kerry, Juls, Daniella and Debi. We had fun watching TV, playing Trivial Pursuit (some of us had more fun than others on that one) and Egyptian war. Karl, thanks for looking that up for me on the way to their suite. It was good to just hang out after a long day.

The beach walk was awesome today. I decided to barefoot it so I could go closer to the water. I had so much fun. I brought a camera and got some great shots. When I leave in the morning I am gone until after dinner, so it has been hard to lug my digital camera around with me, so I bought some little disposable ones that I can keep with me at all times. Because I was barefoot I was able to get close to some of the wild life in the tide pools. There were star fish everywhere and a Sandpiper eating fish. (That's a bird if you don't know) When I was trying to get a picture of him he kept hopping away, but not too far so I wouldn't get his fish or maybe it was a crab. I would have loved to have my zoom lense at that point. Oh well. I saw a guy and girl surfers and asked them for a picture. It was nice and then the guy said, "Here's my surfboard let me take a picture of you." It will be fun to get back. Then I looked at my watch and realized I was late getting back to the bus, so I hightailed it back. I ran a great distance. It's amazing how fast I can run when I need too. :-) It was an incredible day.

The Lord has really spoken to me the last couple of days. I just really have felt His presence and am at so much peace. It is not a peace I have felt in a long time. I'm so glad that I have had this 5 weeks to come out here and really find myself. I cannot wait to get home and share all my excitement with you.

I already took kick boxing today and am heading off for some time on the good old cardio machines. It will be tiring, but fun. I have good music. If any of you like Latin music. There is a Christian Group called Salvador. Very good and fun!! Darlene turned me on to them.

I'm out of here. Peace out!!
Melissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got the pix this am. I was getting worried and ready to send out for a psychiatric evaluation. :) The music is what gets me thru my workouts. So, I agree with your choice!!!! (They are also very cute in concert).