Friday, January 18, 2008

5 for 5 and my favorite spinning instructor.

I had a great week at the gym.
I worked out Monday through Friday. That's 5 for 5 baby!!
Mon. - Wed. it was a total mental battle, but I won and made it to the gym.
I tried a new class on Thursday. It is called Zumba and it rocks. It is Latin dance moves and aerobics. I cannot dance, but my girlfriend and I went and we were in the back of the class and we just improvised when we couldn't do it. We just kept moving the whole hour. I was proud of myself and I have never had so much fun in a class. I would recommend it to everyone to try.

I also did strength training Mon. Wed. and Fri. I'm back and it feels so good. I cannot wait to see how much more weight I will lose tomorrow at Weight Watchers.

One bummer at the gym today. I found out my favorite spinning teacher is not going to be teaching anymore. His name is Jeff and he really means a lot to me. He was always encouraging and bought me my click in biking shoes a couple years back as a reward for sticking with spinning when I wanted to give up. No matter where I was in my journey he was always there for me to encourage me and never gave me a hard time He was not just my spinning teacher he was my friend and he will be missed. When he told me he was leaving today I cried. I felt so silly, but that's how much he means to me. He asked me if I could please cry in front of his boss. :-) I don't think I mentioned how funny he was too.

Jeff if you read this thanks for everything. I'll miss you, but I am happy for your next journey. Have fun and take care!!

1 comment:

IronWaddler said...

Great job!!! My spinning coach that i loved left also. It sucks.