Saturday, March 08, 2008

I'm still here!!

I have had a lot going on in my life. I travelled a lot as you know. I know I promised pictures and it will happen soon.
I graduate December of 2008 and I have 4 online courses due before I can student teach in August.
I have been having some minor medical issues concerning my ankles.
I have been trying to figure out the whole triathlon thing and what part it is going to play in my life this summer.
I am still working out and still losing weight, but I have decided after much prayer and consideration that I will not be doing any triathlons this summer.
I am still going to do smaller events and will still be active and losing weight. I have just decided that I need to concentrate on my ankles and getting more fit before doing another triathlon event. It was very hard and I have had my good cry about it, but I am at peace with this decision.
I have had to realize that even if I never do another triathlon that I have done three and what an awesome accomplishment that is. I am and will always be a triathlete. I am so proud of myself for that title. However, I am not giving up on doing more. I am excited to come back in '09 and do a sprint triathlon again and an olympic distance for the first time.
That is where I am at right now. It was very hard for me to verbalize this and blog about this because I was feeling like I let myself down and others down, but now I realize that another important part of triathlon training and bettering my life is listening to my body, soul, and mind. If I don't, I will be worse off.

I want to thank those of you (and you know who you are) who have helped me with this decision and for encouraging me. I know this is the right thing to do.

Event coming up:

March 30,2008 Shamrock Shuffle-There is a 5k walk and a 10 run. I am doing the 5k
August 2008-Apple Cider Century-I will do the 25 mile loop

Main goals from now until end of June-finish 3 of my 4 online classes, workout on a regular basis, and lose 30 pounds.

1 comment:

rocketpants said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It is best to listen to your body and take care of it! Get your ankles nice and strong this season before 09. Hopefully you will be back on the triathlon scene, if not, if you like multisport stuff sometimes you can find a swim-bike portion of a triathlon. I've seen a few events out there that will have a section for people to do the swim and bike and not the run (Timberman half ironman has an 'aquabike' as well as Vineman has an aqua bike portion...if that interests you).

Good luck with the continued commitment to weight loss. You've done a great job so far! keep up the hard work.