Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ripped Muscle Update

I went to the doctor today and I feel so much better about this leg.
I got permission to swim!! YEAHHHHH!!! He told me to start off with walking in the pool and then work up to swimming.
He told me just not to kick too hard.
The other good news is that I do not have to use the crutches as much now. If I am going to be on my feet for most of the day I need them. Otherwise I can use my cane. I'm so excited about that. The crutches have been such a hassle.
The bummer news is that I"m in the boot for another three weeks, which will be a month total. UGH!! I also need physical therapy 3 times a week for 3 weeks. Oh well, I'm blessed becaues I do not need surgery and my handicap is just temporary, so I feel very blessed in my life. This too shall pass!



This is not a picture of my boot, but this is what it looks like. I have to wear it every waking moment and boy it gets very heavy.

Here are some haikus. Remember the first line has 5 syllables, 7 syllables, and then 5 again. ENJOY!!

Ripped calf Muscles hurt
It takes awhile to fix
At least I can swim

What else can go wrong
Is a question I don't ask
because I'll find out

I am very blessed
I have a lot that I can
Thank the good Lord for

Thank you for my friends
Thanks for my kids and husband
I am very blessed.

I saw the Beach Boys
and John Stamos was there too
Uncle Jessie Rocks!!

1 comment:

Duane said...

Hope you heal fast!