Friday, August 01, 2008

Heading to Utah



The happy family and I are heading to Utah today for our final vaca of the summer. Keith has a conference there and the kids and I do not. When Keith is not at the conference we will be attending themed dinners. We will be having OktoberFest, A Mountain man dinner outside in the mountains with TeePees, Native Americans, and Mountain men for entertainment, and the one I am looking forward to the most having dinner in the Olympic Stadium and having Olympic athletes entertain us. The kids get to go to them all except OktoberFest. There will be time for some hiking and fishing as well. The kids will be part of a day camp while there. They will get to ride a mechanical bull, ride the ski lift to the top of the mountain, a zip line, and go down an alpine slide. It is a concrete slide built into the side of the mountain that you ride a little sled down. I've done that when I was younger. It is a blast. The kids are looking forward to all their activities and I am looking forward to time with the family.

One thing that I am REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, looking forward to is that I will get to meet two of my favorit bloggers while in Utah. Benny and Nytro live close enough to the Snowbird ski resort (where we are staying) that we are able to get together for lunch on Sunday. Benny (www.ironbenny.blogspot.com) and Nytro (www.lifeisnuts.blogspot.com) have been so encouraging to me in my journey. I do not think they even know how much, so I am excited to be able to tell them in person. I have met some of my triathlon blogging buddies in the past and it is really neat to finally meet the people in person that you have come to know so well online. I'll let you know how it goes. :-)

On another note, I reinjured my leg yesterday at home and now have to have another month of the boot and physical therapy. I'm very frustrated, but realize that this too shall pass. I realize how blessed I am that I do not have to deal with being handicapped on a daily basis for the rest of my life just for a short time.

I get back on the 6th and will try and post pictures as soon as I can.

Be good to yourself and each other. :-)

No comments: