Sunday, September 21, 2008

No one told me there were hurdles in Ironman.



So I had this dream last night that I was thin and doing Ironman Wisconsin. I got to the run and was running strong when I saw someone setting up a hurdle and then jumping it. I looked at the runner next to me and said, "what's going on?" She said, "Haven't you been setting up your hurdles and jumping over them?" I said, "No one told me there were hurdles in Ironman." I stopped running and looked around and sure enough people were running to the side, getting a hurdle, running back a little and then jumping them. I found an official. He told me I could run back and do the one's I missed or on my second loop I could do them twice. I was really frustrated because I couldn't understand the logic of us setting them up ourselves and then running back a few feet and then jumping and I was frustrated because my coach had never told me their were hurdles in Ironman and I wasn't even sure I would make it over. I got to the next hurdle station, grabbed one, ran back, and then jumped it. The lady behind yelled, "Leave it up." I was mad cause she was going to use the one I just set up.

Then I woke up.

I was telling my husband about my dream and it hit me. I have so many hurdles to overcome to get to my Ironman that my subconscience incorporated them into my dream. It was fun to see myself thin in my dream and fun to see that I actually made it through my swin and bike and only had the run left. I hope to have many more Ironman dreams.

By the way, my friend Michael finished his 14th Ironman race yesterday. The world record for races in a year is 14, so he just tied the world record and will try and break it next week. Please keep him lifted in your prayers as he is having some major knee issues. He is doing this so that when he gets interviewed he can raise awareness for kids with Trisomy. Way to go Michael. I'm so proud of you and so honored to have met you. I know you can do it and these kids and families appreciate all you are doing to raise awareness for their cause.

Have a happy Sunday everyone!!

1 comment:

Nimkee's Mum said...

MAJOR KUDOS to you for this latest endeavour! Words cannot express how touched I am to see that not only are you doing this for yourself, but for perfect, precious babies like mine.

My son Bennett-Chadlen had full Trisomy 13. He was born full-term on March 29th and blessed us with 8 beautiful days, and 9 months before that. He passed away in my arms on Good Friday, April 6th, 2007.

He was also diagnosed with a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia, so these are 2 causes very close to my heart.

Through him I learned to truly appreciate each moment of every day, and learned the purest and most unconditional love imaginable.

With my angels by my side, I will keep you in my daily thoughts and prayers.

May you always feel the love of an ^Angel^ to remind you that you are never alone!

Much love, Peace, & Nimkee blessings,
Melissa