Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day



I saw an ad recently for Valentine's Day and it said, "It's not about loving you, it's about loving us." I actually loved that saying and really started thinking about that. There are a lot of people in my life that I love and I love what they mean to my life, but also what I mean to theirs and how our relationships work together.

To all the people who mean the world to me: My Husband, My kids, My family, my best friend Darlene, my other best friends, Cindy and Sue, my coach Bob and chiroprator Dr. Kev, to my tri friends, my church friends,my WW friends, my old friends, and my new friends, This is for you.

You are the oil for my squeaky chain
my lemon for my lemonade
my sugar (or should I say splenda) for my coffee and tea
A porta potty when I need to pee (hey it rhymed)

You are my umbrella for a rainy day
my disco ball when I need to dance the night away
my cellphone battery when my phone goes dead
my mechanical pencil full of lead

You are the unicorn that farts rainbows when I'm feeling down
My arm floaties to keep me afloat so I won't drown
My chewing gum when I want to eat sweets
My subject line for all my tweets

You put the HEART in I Heart You
Thanks for everything you do
You love me unconditionally to the end
I thank one of you for being my lover( that would be Keith. Just wanted to clarify for all you joksters) and the rest of you for being my friends.

I love you all and wanted to tell you today, Valentine's Day, how much you mean to me. Have a great day and no matter what happens today, remember that you are loved very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm stealing the unicorn farting rainbows line. I love u 2. Have a great time with the family tonite.

By the way, you shouldn't be using splenda either! :). Use Stevia. You know me!

Happy Valentines day
Dar

Megan said...

Unicorn that farts rainbows!!! hahahahaha!!! oh man, that's a good one!

great poem - i'm a little belated but hope you had a great valentines day!!