Friday, February 18, 2011

One Week Ago Today

One week ago today, around this time, I was in the bathroom stall at the YMCA, crying and feeling the sickest I had felt in a long time. I took the weekend off of working out to focus on resting and recouping. Last week was a bad week health wise. I am learning symptoms to watch for, what I can and cannot eat, how hard to push when working out, when to pull back, and when to not work out at all. It's a crazy journey, but I'm learning about my body and what I can and cannot do and what I am realizing is that I can do more and more each day. The more and more I learn, the more and more I can do.

One week ago I was crying in a bathroom stall. Today I am emailing my coach about 5k's I want to do and a half marathon in May. Yesterday, I figured out that there are 86 days until the Cleveland Half Marathon and 185 days until the Timberman Half Ironman. At first I was freaked out by those numbers, then I was excited and today I am super motivated, still a little freaked out, but really motivated.

One week ago today I was crying in a bathroom stall. This week there are no tears. This week I hold my head high and know that I will reach all my goals and dreams. My goals and dreams are turning into a reality that I never could have fully dreamed of. It's even better than the dreams that I have had.

I am going to keep dreaming, keep doing, and keep turning my dreams into reality.

I hope that in the process of my dreams becoming reality I can help others dream and turn their dreams into reality too.

Get off the couch start dreaming and doing. It's fun!!

2 comments:

fitncrafty said...

You amaze and inspire me for sure!! keep up the good work, healing and growing!!
You can do this!

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

You are an inspiration! Good luck, lady! :-)

Buy yourself some lucky toe socks! OooOooOoo you can get those toe shoes because I hear those are the best things to run in! :-P